By law the State of Indiana requires the Pike County Sheriff’s Office to establish and maintain the statewide Sex Offender Database with information on sex offenders registered and residing in Pike County. Please read and understand the following important information.
- The information contained on this registry is updated regularly to ensure that it is complete and accurate. However, some of the data contained in this registry is based upon the information furnished by the registrant. This information can and does change frequently. Offenders may have moved and failed to notify the Sheriff’s Office of a change of residence, employment or place of study, as required by Indiana law. All efforts are made to ensure the information is as accurate as possible. There is no guarantee stated or implied that this information is totally accurate due to daily changes and updates.
- The information on this web site is public record. It is your responsibility to make sure the records accessed through this site pertain to the person that you are seeking information about. Extreme care should be exercised in using the information that is obtained.
- The information provided in this web site, is not intended to create alarm or panic within our community. Our intent is to provide the citizens of Vanderburgh County with this information, so that you may have knowledge of said offenders residing in your neighborhood, as to enhance community safety and awareness.
- The information contained in this directory is not intended to be used to injure, harass, or commit a criminal act against a person named in the directory, their families, employers or any other person associated to the named registered sex offender. Indiana law provides that person who uses this information for any purpose not specified under the law may be subject to criminal prosecution.
- As a condition of probation or parole, sex and violent offenders are prohibited from living within 1000ft of school property for the period of probation or parole unless the offender has obtained written approval from the court or parole board.
- Registered sex and violent offenders while on probation or parole are prohibited from residing within 1 mile of the victim of the offenders offense unless a waiver has been obtained from the court or parole board.
The Pike County Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for any errors or omissions produced by secondary dissemination of this information.
I have read the above information on the purposes, limitations and the proper use of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office Sex and Violent Offender Registry.